I made this recently and decided to add it here, honestly hoping someone would read it (sharing the love) but also to remind myself to make it more often. This has to be by far, my favorite baked good I have ever made.
I can’t remember where the original recipe came from, but I have it in my recipe book ( like the hard copy, bound one that I got for Christmas a few years ago)
I was looking for a banana bread recipe that was super moist, one that used applesauce instead of oil and eggs.
Here it is:
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 c sugar ( sub brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup applesauce (sub 2 eggs)
- 1 yep vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (possible 4 total for the recipe if not using applesauce)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 c flour ( sub almond flour or coconut flour or whole wheat with flax)
Extras( that really make this THE best)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mash the bananas in a bowl
- Add the sugar, mix and let sit for 15 minutes
- Add applesauce and eggs and vanilla extract
- Add dry ingredients
- Pour into glass baking pan
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving
There is nothing fancy about this, follow the directions above, definitely add the extra and enjoy this super delicious breakfast all week with a big cup of hot tea…HEAVEN.