Another recipe from work! Puree’s are a thing now I guess and a few of my members have raved about Cauliflower as a great low carb substitute so here we go:
Yum-o! But woah garlic. My fault, I was trying to be all pro like and not measure but yeah garlic is something you wanna measure ha!
Here it is folks:
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 ounces full fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped into small pieces
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Boil water in a medium size over medium-high heat.
- Add cauliflower florets to boiling water and cook cauliflower for 8-10 mins, or until fork tender.
- Remove and drain cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower into a blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients, and pulse until smooth and creamy.
So I was a little worried about blending this because I didn’t have much luck blending butternut squash last time and I know I need to just cave and buy a damn food processor.
But this worked. I know now that adding water is key to smooth blending 👌
Overall this came together quickly but my only feedback is on the garlic. It was so garlicky that Mile didn’t want to take it to work for leftovers because he didn’t want to be “garlic man” 🙊🙈 LOL
And the leftovers ( which is a ton because this recipe makes a lot) is still sitting in the fridge. I think we are both a little too scared to give the garlic puree another try!
BUT if I cut down the garlic this would have been amazing so go give it a try! Super creamy and rich just like mashed but a lower carb option!