- 1 large zucchini
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( full-fat)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce ( opt for homemade)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pepperoni minis or 5-6 pepperoni slices, cut into small pieces
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Italian spices to taste
- Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook zucchini rounds, flipping each slice once, until golden. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Place zucchini rounds on a baking sheet and top each one with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni minis.
- Cook in the oven for 1-2 mins or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top of zucchini pizza bites.
As I have mentioned before, the nutritional guidance/ program I coach around at work is a low-moderate carb program and this is another one of the recipes! It has been a mental shift for me, just like it has been for my clients/ members. I used to never eat pepperoni and I would never opt for full fat dairy ( I still didn’t actually- it’s a work in progress!) but these things make great snacks and it’s a fun way to sneak zucchini into your life!
These were so yummy, I was drooling waiting for them to finish cooking.
Not gunna lie, I made these during one of my breaks today- I love working from home because it makes eating well THAT much easier! They were quick to pull together but I did make some boo boo’s.
First of all I thought we had tomato sauce but we didn’t so I used ketchup! I packed these for a snack for Mike tomorrow, I am so curious to see if he can even tell the difference LOL! I will report back.
And then I also didn’t cook the zucchini on the stove first, I baked them for a few minutes on each side them assembled the pizzas and then baked them again.
I guess these aren’t boo boo’s, they’re Bizzy modifications!
Anyway, I have been working a lot with my members to make sure they are eating ENOUGH throughout the day and I had just compiled a list of snack ideas and knew I had to make these when I came across them, and I sure am glad I did 🙂
Please give these a whirl! You won’t be sorry.